Skip to main content
Our voice is strongest when we all speak as one.
Since February 2018, we have:
- Successfully lobbied for passage of the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School Public Safety Act in Florida. It was signed into law by Governor Rick Scott (R) in March 2018
- Sent letters to leaders of both Republican and Democratic parties in the US House of Representatives and the US Senate demanding they take action to include the Fix NICS Act and the STOP School Violence Bill in the Omnibus Spending Bill. We were successful and the spending bill was signed into law by President Trump in March 2018.
- Worked with US Senators Bill Nelson (D) and Marco Rubio (R) to hold a school safety forum in Washington, DC in April 2018. Various other congressional members were present at times including members from Florida, Indiana, and Connecticut.
- Held a best practices meeting in Parkland, FL with Safe Schools for Alex in March 2018. School District police from around the country, mental health experts, Sandy Hook Promise, and others exchanged ideas on what works and what doesn’t regarding school safety.
- Held a town hall meeting with Walk Up Foundation in May 2018 to promote better mental health and suicide prevention.
- Helped arrange Stop the Bleed kits installation in local schools with Make Our Schools Safe. Their SafeTalk program has intervened to prevent students from attempting suicide.
- Supported the Coral Springs, FL firearms buy back in conjunction with F4now.org in September 2018
- Met President Trump and worked with administration officials to give input regarding recommendations in the Federal Commission on School Safety report, which was released in December 2018.