Stand with Parkland - The National Association of Families for Safe Schools has released a series of five questions that families need to ask to ensure their children’s safety as the school year begins.
We envision these questions to be a starting point for an extended conversation that families can have with their children’s school officials, teachers, and administrators in order to understand the need for a safety plan and the importance of being engaged in discussions about your children’s safety.
- Does the school have an active shooter policy?
- Does the school train all staff members for active shooter scenarios?
- Does the school have a single point of entry (access control) during school hours?
- Is there a way students and staff can report threats?
- How are parents notified when a threat has been made to the school?
Download the "5 Questions" as a PDF here.